Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Managers Press Conference – Stoke City

Manchester United manager David Moyes sat down with the press at the AON Training Complex in Carrington this afternoon, as he usually does before the clubs next match. United face Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium in the Capital One Cup. Moyes spoke about United opposition in the UEFA Champions League, Danny Welbeck, Stoke City manager Mark Hughes, the managers team selection, and his aims as United manager.


Here are the main points of the press conference:
Moyes on the UEFA Champions League Round of 16 draw:
“It’ll be a tough game, a very hard game. In truth, anyone who we were drawn against would have been difficult but had we not won the group it could have been much harder.”
Moyes on Sunday’s double scorer Danny Welbeck:
“We like Danny [Welbeck] a lot, he works hard and is one of our own boys, brought up through the important to the club and to me. I’m determined to get him to the level where he is scoring regularly.”
Moyes on Stoke City manager and former United striker Mark Hughes:
“It’s important to remember that Stoke are a team in transition and Mark is only just beginning to put his stamp on the team. He’s a very experienced manager and has fielded strong sides in all the games so far this season.”
Moyes on his team selection:
“We have a squad of players who I believe can all play in any game, so I’ll see who I think is ready.
“We have a lot of games coming up and we need to use that squad. I’ll look at this game and see who is best suited. But I think we have fielded a strong side in every game we have played.
“There were a few I expected to play [against Villa] but got injured on Saturday before we travelled down. There is nothing fresh and hopefully I won’t find anything fresh.”
Moyes on his aims as United manager:
“We want to win all the competitions that we are involved in and we’ll do everything we can to remain in them. I always try to win every trophy I can and the Capital One Cup is no different.”

No comments: